Ember is a client framework for Worldforge. It's not meant to be a standalone game, instead its purpose is to provide a solid and extensible base from which to build game-specific clients. One of the goals of Ember is to allow for easy customization of the codebase. Currently it supports the game world of Deeds. It's available for all modern Linux distributions, FreeBSD and MS Windows.
Some of the features are:
- Full 3d world through the use of the Ogre engine
- Easy to use GUI system through the use of the CEGUI system
- Scriptable gui (currently supporting Lua)
- Extensible model composition through xml-defintion files
- Advanced rules engine for server-to-client appearance mappings
- Extensive in game authoring.
- Authoring visualizations
- Real time shadows
- Adding terrain mod to a house
- Adding and altering a terrain area
More movies are can be found at this YouTube channel.
- Editing terrain 1 (Google video)
- Editing terrain 2 (Google video)
- Editing terrain 3 (Google video)
- Editing terrain 4 (Google video)
- Using the ModelEditor (Google video)
- Using the ModelEditor
- Editing scripts
- Interacting with the world of Mason (Google video)
Ember is being developed by Erik Ogenvik. You can find us at irc.worldforge.org, channel #ember.
Tutorials and guides
There's a collection of tutorials here.
We currently only provide an automatic build of Ember based on the latest development code. Download instructions here.
Information for developers: